Volunteer with NAIG
756 Nations and You!
Join our volunteer team and help welcome over 5,000 Indigenous athletes to Kjipuktuk (Halifax) for 8 days of sport and culture celebrations.
Read Our Volunteer FAQ
Sign Up for Volunteer Training Sessions
Learn about Games Time Roles
Take a seat at our table:
- Share new experiences and make new friends
- Meet people from over 756 Nations across Turtle Island
- Receive a NAIG Uniform kit, with NAIG shirts and more!
- All volunteers will receive cultural awareness training
- Free access to Halifax Transit with your Games accreditation during the Games
- Represent Kjipuktuk (Halifax) at the largest sport and culture celebration since contact!
Volunteers are required:
- To be a minimum of 16 years of age or older or 14 years of age (with supervision)
- Volunteer a minimum total of 18 hours
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have obtained a valid Medical or Religious/Creed exemption. (Documentation will be required at a later date.)
- Completion of a Criminal Record check. Costs associated with Criminal Record check will be covered by the 2023 North American Indigenous Games.
We hope to have French speakers in as many roles as possible, including our leadership roles.
The Games will have a number of French speaking teams, so providing them a welcome in their preferred language is important to us.
If you wish to discuss the details of the roles in French, please email firstname.lastname@example.org