KJIPUKTUK (HALIFAX) – The 2023 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) Host Society has reached a significant milestone by exceeding its $1.7 million sponsorship goal with the addition of several new partners including the Destination Indigenous and Signal Gold.
“We’re thrilled to exceed our sponsorship goal, as it clearly demonstrates the excitement the community has in supporting Indigenous youth and ensuring they have a supportive, memorable, and positive Games experience,” said Fiona Kirkpatrick Parsons, Chair, 2023 NAIG Host Society. “We are on-track for a successful Games thanks to partners like Destination Indigenous, Signal Gold, and all of the partners who have come together to join us on this journey of hosting the largest multi-sport and cultural event in Atlantic Canada’s history.”
Destination Indigenous is the presenting partner of the NAIG 2023 Opening Ceremony that will kick off the Games at Scotiabank Centre on Sunday, July 16. Launched in 2020 by the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada, Destination Indigenous markets the best Indigenous tourism experiences from coast to coast to coast. The week-long event of sports and cultural events will cap off with a concert-style Closing Celebration, presented by Signal Gold on Friday, July 21, at the Halifax Common.
All events throughout the week, with the exception of the Opening Ceremony, are free and open to the public. Tickets for the Opening Ceremony will go on sale in early June and will be available online or by phone exclusively through Ticket Atlantic.
“Destination Indigenous is honoured to partner with NAIG 2023 and showcase how Indigenous tourism is one of the best catalysts for Indigenous cultural revitalization. The Opening Ceremony for NAIG gives us an opportunity to show how the industry is thriving and the career pathways for Indigenous youth are as rich and diverse as the cultures we are sharing with pride. Moreover, we hope the athletes and their families enjoy time with the other Nations in learning, cheering, and uplifting each other and our future leaders. Good luck to all!”
– Keith Henry, President & CEO of Destination Indigenous
“We at Signal Gold are extremely proud to support the 2023 North American Indigenous Games. The commitment from these young Indigenous athletes, coaches, families, and supporters is quite humbling. We wish all participants and organizers a positive, competitive and successful experience throughout the week in sport, culture and respect.”
– Kevin Bullock, President, CEO and Director, Signal Gold.
- The 2023 North American Indigenous Games will be the largest multi-sport event held in Nova Scotia since contact. From July 15 to 23, 2023, more than 5,250 athletes, coaches and officials from over 750 Nations from across Turtle Island will participate in more than 16 sports, attracting thousands of visitors, VIPs, officials and media.
- The 2023 North American Indigenous Games is made possible with the support of the Government of Canada, through Canadian Heritage and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), Province of Nova Scotia, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Tickets for the Opening Ceremony will go on sale in early June and will be available online or by phone exclusively through Ticket Atlantic.
2023 NAIG – https://naig2023.com
Destination Indigenous – https://destinationindigenous.ca/
Signal Gold – www.signalgold.com/
Ticket Atlantic – www.ticketatlantic.com/