Kwitn Asu'nmatultimk (Canoe Relay)
Celebrate Our Journey
Join us in this symbolic celebration across Nova Scotia as we share, learn and grow in the lead up to the largest celebration of sport and culture in Atlantic Canada since contact!
This is an opportunity for communities to come together to celebrate their athletes before they journey to Kjipuktuk to compete in NAIG 2023 this summer.
Follow along on our journey @naig2023
Dates and Locations
1. May 1 –
Malikiaq (Acadia): WildCat Community Hall: 1059 Molega Rd, Queens County @ 10:30AM Cancelled due to weather.
2. May 2 – Malikiaq (Acadia): Gold River: 311 Beechhill Rd, Chester Basin @ 10:30AM
3. May 5 – L’sitkuk (Bear River): 1277 River Rd, Bear River @ 10:15AM
4. May 12 – Kampalijek (Annapolis Valley): Bingo Hall @ 5PM
5. May 13 – Kluskap (Glooscap): 157 Smith Rd, Hantsport @ 11AM
6. May 18 – Membertou: Greenlink Trail, Church Hill Drive @10:30AM
7. May 19 – Eskasoni: Eskasoni Fisheries: 4115 Shore Rd, Eskasoni @5PM
8. May 31 – Wagmatcook: 57 Fishery Rd, Wagmatcook First Nation @10AM
9. May 31 – We’koqma’q: Sky River Trail @4PM
10. June 1 – Potlotek @1PM
11. June 16 – Paqtnkek (Afton): Welneg (Summerside) Landing Site @ 12PM
12. June 17 – Piktuk (Pictou Landing): 43 Beach Road, Trenton @ 12:30PM Cancelled.
13. June 28 – We’kapikwitk (Millbrook): Pow wow Grounds @ 1PM
14. June 30 – Sipekne’katik (Shubenacadie): 47 Indian School Road, Shubenacadie @12PM
15. July 7 – Kjipuktuk (HRM): Queen’s Marque, 1715 Lower Water St @ 1PM
*Event times subject to change
Water is the essence of this land, its people and their traditions. At each stop, we will honour this legacy as we celebrate and collect water from communities across Nova Scotia, culminating in a collective water ceremony. The journey to NAIG begins here.